Friday, July 9, 2010

Hello to blogging!



Ok... So its been a month since our last post. There are many reasons for this.
1. We have since lost internet at our apartment which makes getting away to blog more difficult.
2. We are busy!
3. This is my (em) very 1st attempt at being a blogger and I admit it, I'm a little intimidated. I've read so many other examples of blogging excellence and I fear I will not measure up.

So now it is time to face my fears. Here I sit ready for my 1st go at it...

Since our last post much has happened.
A large chunk of our time has been consumed with wedding festivities. Not our own of course, we are finished with all that craziness. It has been the wedding festivities of our dear friends. Tyler has been in two already, and I have been in one. And we have attended many we have not been in. For the most part we are done for now. All bachelor/bachelorette parties, showers, and dinners have come to a halt. And we have the weekends free again. whew! We wouldn't trade the time for anything. It is such a blessing to see the people we love get married! Marriage is such a gift from the Lord. (we know this, we are in fact married as well)

Also, Ty and I purchased my first real Bike!! I say real, and I mean its not from Walmart. It is a beautiful, Bike Couriers Bike Shop road bike. A Jamis Ventura Sport. Pretty sweet little road bike for a beginner if I do say so myself.
Having this bike is such a blessing because its just another thing that we both now enjoy, and can do together.

In other news... After much discussion with my hubs. I decided to cut my hair. So 13 inches is now sent off somewhere to be made into a wig for someone who needs it more than I do. And I must say, my neck is much cooler in this summer heat. :)

All in all, a lot has been going on. Tyler and I have occupied our time with much working, spending time with each other, and spending time with friends and family. The Lord has given us so much. Our prayer is that we will find a way to give the love we have received from Christ to others we encounter.

One more thing.
Can we pray for you? Prayer is so powerful, and we should all be doing it more than we do. If there is anything in particular post a comment or send us an email. Christ has made the ultimate sacrifice of his life to make a way to the Father, so that at any time, anywhere we can communicate with The Living God. Lets all take advantage of this and pray, and pray some more. And for each other. :)
egracebelcher@gmail.com
tyreybel@gmail.com

This is the end of my very first post. It's probably choppy and weird. But hopefully I will get better with time.

In Christ
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily...you are a natural at blogging. Since you're taking prayer requests, it would be great if you would ad Faith and me to your list. She has been burdened with some issues from her past that have to be resolved asap...and as a result I am burdened as well. She has grown so much lately, so please pray that we will truly trust that God will take care of her no matter what the outcome might be. Please pray with me that her strength in Christ will grow, and she will not lose sight of Jesus! thank you. Your blog is great by the way!
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete